Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Almost lost $45 today. Just check this Scammer's audacity!!!!

This refers to the shocking incident I had today online. The Internet world is full of scammers waiting to make a meal of your hard earned money, and this incident is a proof of that.
I was chatting on Birejji today. I met a guy who said that he is selling Onbux direct referrals for $0.5. I was a bit surprised by the offer because it is not possible to sell Onbux direct referrals to another user. But I decided to play on, just to see what this guy has to offer. He sent me a mail that had the snapshots of his account and asked me to check it. He also insisted that he will accept payments in Liberty Reserve only and asked me how many referrals I needed. I thought of alerting the Onbux team about this and told him that I need to send a support ticket regarding this deal to see if it is allowed. He told me not to worry about it. He will send a ticket. Smart way not to get caught!! The rest of the conversation is in the form of email, which is given below.

Mail 1) Three attachments of "his" account snaps.





The last pic was what got me suspicious once again. Come on, we are dealing with onbux, why will someone send a snapshot of neoptc?!!!

I have given snaps of my gmail screen so that you get the entire conversation as it is. Please click on each pic if you need to read it with ease.(or keep ctrl pressed and click "+" to magnify the page)


This was really fishy. Why would someone delete such an account? And what would he get by doing it? Read on.


This gets really desperate now. Read on.


There is a lot of haste in his operation. Typical scammer's tactic. He does not want me to think. But I needed to keep him talking until I find out the truth.


Haa..Now he is trying to get me to shell out $23. Something is better than nothing. Read on to see how he lures me with additional offers when this tactic fails too.


OK. I had seen these snaps before. All the time I was talking to him, I was searching on Google for the same pics that he sent me. And I found them!! I had seen them before as an ad on some PTC site.


He had copied the pics from http://referrals-builder.info and tried to scam others by saying that it was his account snaps. Quite clever, but not clever enough. I have alerted the moderator of Birejji and suitable action will be taken.
Always remember, however enticing the deal may be, never make any payment upfront when you are not sure of the success of the deal.

I will keep you all updated with such incidents, so that you will be prepared in case you happen to meet smart fools like these.
Until next post, Happy Earning(And hopefully not spending :))
 

6 comments:

Tanya said...

That sounds like the guy saying he could double my money with forex and only liberty reserve only ha no way jose, i rather not give anyone my money.

Chaitanya said...

Well said. Unfortunately, what you are saying is a normal tagline for all those "Forex based" Ponzi HYIP schemes. You wont believe, some even operate on an hourly basis, promising a certain percent of your income per hour!!
The saddest part is that, thousands fall prey to such schemes daily.

C47n2T said...

From his words, I already noticed that he is a scammer. How can someone delete his account with 150 rr? :)

What a silly hacker.

Chaitanya said...

Thats what I was asked him so many times. He just didn't have a reason for that action of his!!

Anonymous said...

What a stupid hacker
i really like talking with thoose scammers make them think they could scam me
once a man told me to mail $50 for some account with around $200 dollars
i knew it was scam from begging but i knew the dude had like 300$ in paypal
so i send $50 dollars and as he calimed it i opened a case got my $50 and got another $100

Unknown said...

The simple reason that I like your writing is that you have shown me the way to shine more as a freelancer. I have great qualifications and can design the best website on the planet. Web designing is in my blood. With your push (through your write-up), I have begun contributing my work on websites like awesome ui template, freelance jobs online. Now, I am all ready to get, set…and go!

Post a Comment